Dayspring Church is seeking a full-time Communications Director who exemplifies self-leadership in their relationship with God and others. This highly motivated person has a well-rounded understanding of local church ministry with significant leadership abilities, creativity, communication skills, and the ability to take the initiative. The Communications Director at Dayspring will be someone who has a passion for worshiping God and serving the body of Christ through communications. This person is detail-oriented and well-organized! They learn quickly and can create and manage content using multiple websites. This person is administrative but also has a designer's eye. The Communications Director at Dayspring understands and embraces the mission, vision, and core values of the church and is the bridge that connects Dayspring's vision and mission to the people and community.
- Reports to Worship Pastor and Director of Operations
- 40 hrs/week
General overview of responsibilities
- Vision, strategy, and oversight of the communications team and resources.
- Support creative arts and operational staff for church-wide communication.
- Oversee and assist in the creation of digital, video, audio, and print content. (Website, Print, App, Email, and Social Media Platforms)
- Assist the Lead Pastor and Worship Pastor in creative arts support for Sunday morning gatherings.
- Develop and manage a volunteer team for photo and video capture of Dayspring Culture.
- Utilize database platforms like Planning Center, Subsplash, and Google Drive for internal and external communication.
- Oversee the maintenance and development of our website as the digital "front door" of Dayspring.
- Responsible for communication strategies and implementation to promote weekly messages, next steps for discipleship, ministry events, and church-wide initiatives.
- Maintain and champion brand vision with integrity across all platforms.
- Maintain and develop healthy relationships with the leadership team and key volunteers.
- Adjust strategy informed by data analytics, trends, and guidance from the Holy Spirit.
- Oversee and manage the communication team budget.
- Meets all other full-time staff requirements.
What You Bring:
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Enthusiastic and relational
- Humble team player
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, design or equivalent professional qualification
- A minimum of 2 years of experience (or comparable marketplace experience)
- Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies
Personal characteristics & Qualifications
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with communications technologies
- Basic understanding of copywriting, graphic design, layout, and publishing
- Working knowledge of content management systems, basic HTML, and digital graphics production
- Email Marketing
- Photography and video
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing strategies
- Understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
- A PLUS would be Design / Editing programs (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, Photoshop, etc.)
Interested in this position?
Submit this web application form to start the process
and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Perks of Joining Our Staff Team
We check national databases with localized salary and wage recommendations to ensure our staff are taken care of.
Full time employees are eligible for the full range of benefits, including medical, retirement, vacation, and sick leave.
Our full time pastors and executive directors are provided with expense accounts that cover professional and continuing education expenses.
We encourage staff to adjust their schedules as needed to fit the eb & flow of ministry. Burnout is real, and does no one any good.
healthy & Fun Team
We love our staff and the culture that they bring to our office. Working at Dayspring is fun, and our team members are like family. We enjoy monthly meals together, quarterly offsite outings, and an annual staff & spouse retreat.
We believe that disciple-making begins at home, and that's our first ministry priority. We encourage our staff to be available for their family, even if it means taking a little time out of the day.