The Communication Director at Dayspring will be someone who has a passion for worshiping God and serving the body of Christ through communications. This person is detail oriented and well organized! They learn quickly and can create and manage content using multiple websites. This person is administrative but also has a designer's eye.
- Reports to Worship Pastor
- 15 hrs/week
General overview of responsibilities
- Maintain and improve our communications strategy driven by Dayspring’s Mission, Vision, and Core values.
- Unify and align everyday messaging with the church’s voice, goals and priorities.
- Meet with pastors and leaders to create communications plans, mobilizing their specific audiences to respond.
- Guide a team of staff/volunteers to implement effective communications strategies.
- Ensure high-quality and high-impact communications to reach both internal and external audiences.
- To have a genuine and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To be a fully engaged member of Dayspring Church.
- To lead a volunteer team effectively
- To be an active and available member of the Dayspring staff team.
- To attend as many staff functions as possible, including monthly all-staff meetings, hangouts, parties, and retreats.
- To contribute to a healthy, collaborative, and constructive culture within the office.
Skills & Requirements
- Website / App design and management
- Email Marketing
- Photography and video
- Plan, implement, and monitor church’s social media accounts
- Assist with overseeing scheduling of video shoots, photo shoots, etc.
- A PLUS would be Design / Editing programs (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, Photoshop, etc.)
Are you interested in this position?
Submit this web application form to start the process
The Perks of Joining Our Staff Team
We check national databases with localized salary and wage recommendations to ensure our staff are taken care of.
Full time employees are eligible for the full range of benefits, including medical, retirement, vacation, and sick leave.
Our full time pastors and executive directors are provided with expense accounts that cover professional and continuing education expenses.
We encourage staff to adjust their schedules as needed to fit the eb & flow of ministry. Burnout is real, and does no one any good.
healthy & Fun Team
We love our staff and the culture that they bring to our office. Working at Dayspring is fun, and our team members are like family. We enjoy monthly meals together, quarterly offsite outings, and an annual staff & spouse retreat.
We believe that disciple-making begins at home, and that's our first ministry priority. We encourage our staff to be available for their family, even if it means taking a little time out of the day.